Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good luck Wayne Welton

As a sports reporter and a reporter in general I talk to a lot of people and I get quite a bit of information. I would like to say I will miss Chelsea's Wayne Welton not being an athletic director anymore.
I didn't really ever cover Chelsea directly but I did on a few occasions interview him and get quotes. In my opinion one of the nicest and most professional AD's I ever had the pleasure to work with.
I was at a baseball game quite recently at Lincoln when Chelsea was in town and they gave Wayne a going away present for all his years as AD. I thought that showed a lot of class from Lincoln AD Eve Claar, the Lincoln principal and Splitter baseball coaches Marty and Carlos Lozano. When another school looks that highly on you as a professional that shows me the ultimate compliment.
I know Wayne will be back as the baseball coach and I look forward in my teams battling him. Enjoy your retirement you deserve it!

No comments: