Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big game Friday night at Romulus High

There is going to be a big Mega Red hoops game on Friday night. The Belleville Tigers will be on the road at Romulus against the Eagles.
This will be the game that will either make the Tigers the number one team in the final year of the Mega Red or it will make it possible for Romulus to be Co-champs.
I saw the first time these teams faced off against each other earlier this season and I must admit I was surprised that is was so lop-sided in score. I really thought the game would be much tighter but Coach Don Hickman’s Tigers proved they were better and they wanted to win more.
Nate Oats and the Eagles will be gunning for them at home and I guarantee about 2,000 or so fans will be filling the stands. It will be exciting and I hope that it is not a blowout either way.
It will be interesting because in just a few weeks these two teams will most certainly meet in the district finals.
Time will tell but look for some good basketball.

No comments: