Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter will be amazing!

I am excited about the upcoming sports season and I am really looking forward to some good area basketball.
This will be the last time the Michigan Mega Conference’s Red division will face off against each other. I am looking forward to Romulus playing Belleville and Ypsilanti High and also throwing in Willow Run.
It appears that the youngest of the bunch will be the Ypsilanti High Phoenix but I think other teams should take them too lightly.
Belleville High School has got some players and they all have one more year experience under their belts. Look for them to compete and compete hard they may even surprise a few people (like Romulus) and maybe even beat them a time or two.
Over the years I have seen some very good games between Romulus and Belleville and watched some of the best high school basketball in the state. I think this could be one of those types of years.
Now that the weather is colder and the snow is starting I feel ready for some wrestling and look for Belleville to have one of the better teams in the area. Ypsilanti High and Lincoln should also be good this season.
Girls’ hoop and boys’ swimming should be good in the area as well. We have a new coach at Belleville and one at Ypsilanti High as well.
Look for me in the stands and read me in print!

Dave Merchant is a staff writer for the View and Courier newspapers and can be reached at 734-697-8255 or dmerchant@heritage.com.

No comments: